Sunday, November 23, 2008

Tug-o-War

Mom said that Sandy sent out an email saying she was going to be at the bark park today at 2:00. That Sandy is OK! I told mom I would be ready to go at any time.

DSC03543
When time finally came to leave, I was really excited! I knew where we were going, and I sat up front to help dad drive.


DSC03545
I'm still getting away with out having a seat belt, for now, but mom really grabs on. I wish she would scoot over a little, she takes up almost the whole seat. I have to have my back legs on the floor, and front ones on mom's lap, just so I can help dad find his way there.



DSC03571
There was a good crowd at the park, some old friends, and some new pups too. It was great! In this pic I'm up near the tree, about to help Chloe do some exploratory digging.

One of my most fun things to do is to have the dogs chase me while I have a stick or a ball. But, right up there on my list of fun things is to play some tug-o-war. Abby and I each went after the same stick.

DSC03568
I think Abby is really pretty, but I don't tell anyone that. But, she can really play a good game of tug-o-war. We tugged...

DSC03567
... and tugged ...

DSC03558
... and tugged!!! But we were pretty evenly matched.

Then Blake decided he could out tug us both...
DSC03561
So, then we did a three way tug-o-war.

DSC03562
Man, that Blake is pretty good at tug-o-war too!

Well, I don't like to brag... much, but I did end up winning! I got the stick!! Yea! Gizmo!! But, after I won, and Blake and Abby didn't want the stick anymore, then I discovered I didn't really want the stick that much either. But, it was fun while it lasted!

Later on Eddie came in. Eddie had been at the kennel for the weekend, and had just gotten out. Boy was he happy to be there. It was good to see him again.

Unfortunately, a dog came in latter that has a reputation for picking fights. This dog almost never plays with other dogs, it just runs around trying to start fights, at least that is what it seems like to me. Poor Laney, one of my good buddies, ended up with a scratch on her pretty little face (I wouldn't ever tell anyone I think she is pretty, I don't want to be teased), it was bad enough to draw blood. Laney seems to get more than her share of scratches. I hope she is OK.

But, good day at the park... good tug-o-war game! Good time. I hope it stays warm a little longer!

No comments: