Sunday, November 2, 2008

Another Birthday at the Bark Park

Just when you think the Bark Park couldn't possibly be any better, "Boom goes the dynamite", and it gets better!

One of the Bark Park regulars, Sam, had a birthday party at the Bark Park last Saturday. Unfortunately my Dad didn't bring his camera, so we didn't get any pictures.

Sam, is a cool dog, one of the first ones that I met when I started going to the Bark Park. So, I've known him for a pretty long time. But, Sam is part border collie, and he likes to work more than he likes to play. He is usually busy keeping the rest of us in line, and some times he keeps the people in line too. Every once in a while he will play a little, but he usually says he is busy working.

But, last Saturday, he came in with a a great cake. I love cake! It was similar to the one I had on my Birthday, but Sam's cake was even bigger. At first I tried my trick of running up and snatching cake pieces when no one was looking. But, Ugh! Sometimes parents can be so uncool. Mom and Dad were both watching and wouldn't let me jump the line, or snatch extra pieces or anything.

I finally got my piece (it seemed like it took forever), and it was delicious. I thought I should eat it slowly and enjoy it, but instead I just gobbled it down. MMMMM... that was great...

But, then I was out of cake. That really didn't seem right. How could I be out of cake, when other dogs were still getting theirs... Then I saw that Sandy's mom had some cake for Sandy. It didn't seem fair that Sandy was about to get cake, and I was already out. So, I went over and tried to steal the cake from Sandy's mom. Darn! She saw me and held the cake up high... Ugh! uncool... I tried jumping. I think my vertical leap improved a little that day, but eventually Mom and Dad grabbed me, and let Sandy's Mom get away from me... still doesn't really seem fair. I was already out of cake.

I'm not sure what is in the cake, but I don't think it would be possible to ever get too much of it. But, Blake's dad tried some of it, and he didn't seemed impressed with it at all. Guess he isn't going to be asking for it for his birthday. I think my Dad was wishing I had shared some of my cake with him... but... guess again, that wasn't going to happen. If I had seen him start to eat some of my cake, he might of lost a nose... hee-hee... just kidding... kind of.

Oh well... it was delicious. I'm looking forward to the next birthday.

1 comment:

Lois Lane/Laney said...

You and Sandy both tried to eat my cake too! Mom says I eat too slow. Guess it's good she has quick reflexes! I ate my whole big piece and it was gooood! I think we looked around for crumbs for a good 10 minutes after.