Friday, November 14, 2008

Great Day at the Bark Park

Whoa man was I excited to go to the dog park on Thursday. I haven't been going much lately, and I was starting to wonder if I would ever get back there.

Dad came home and he went right to laying on the couch moaning. He was curled up in blankets, it didn't really look like that much fun. Not sure what he was trying to do. I kept trying to play with him, bring him toys, jump on his head, you know just so he would know I was there and was ready to play. I almost got his blanket off once. That might have been a fun game, if he would have chased me to get the blanket back, but he snatched it back before I got away with it. No fair...

But, finally Mom came home. Whooo wheee thank goodness for mom. She asked if I wanted to go to the "Bark Park" and I said boy do I ever! Mom is funny when she asks me if I want to go, she looks at me and talks in a little high cartoon voice. Haha... fun... I would have been ready to go no matter how she said it!

So, we left Dad, like it was a bump on the log (well he was a bump on the couch), and we headed for the park. Man what a good day it was. Even though it is getting dark so soon now, there was a good crowd there. And, we played on the small dog side. It isn't as big as the main park. But you don't have to walk as far to get there, and you can start playing sooner. There is still lots of room to run.

Blake was there. I hadn't seen him in quite a while. I liked playing with him. But, he got into a couple of tussels. His Dad said he didn't know if he would bring him back. But, I hope he does. Blake is a good pup. Cooper was there! I love playing with Cooper. We were just about the two last ones to leave.

I found a stick and luckily it was a stick that lots of dogs wanted. Those are the best sticks to have, and they aren't always easy to find. But, I did it this time. I had the whole gang practically chasing me from one end of the park to other. That was a good time... good time.

Another good day at the park!

When we got home Dad was there on the couch still, kind of whinney... still didn't want to play. Laney's Mom gave my Mom some tickets to see a movie. Not sure why anyone would want to go see a movie, when you can watch them on TV at home with your dog. And, you don't take your dog out to see movies. Seems like just hanging out with your dog would be the way to watch a movie... but, anyway. Dad said he would have loved to have gone... WHAT!!! did I heard That right, would have loved to have gone and left me at home alone... with the cat. But, that is what he said, strange. But, anyway he said he was going to stay home and keep playing his game of acting like a big lump on the couch because he didn't feel good. Strange Dad! But, I'm glad you stayed home.

1 comment:

Lois Lane/Laney said...

I hope Blake comes back! He's a fun dog to play with, and he loves to run!
I think he was just having an off night. Maybe he doesn't like the small side.

I wish dogs were aloud to go everywhere, I would have sat nicely watching the movie with mom. Well, I would have slept the whole time, but at least I'd be with her!

Hope your dad is feeling better, Gizmo!