Thursday, October 30, 2008

Happy Birthday to me!

Click here to see pictures taken by Laney's Mom.

My birthday is on Halloween. Mom said I was going to have a party, and I've really been looking forward to it. Apparently you get cake on your birthday! Whoa, What a great idea that is!


Mom took me to the store and I helped her pick out my cake. They said it was called a "bone cake", which sounded great... but it turns out it wasn't a real bone, it was just shaped like one.



Mom showed me the cake at home. But, UNFAIR!!!! No cake for Gizmo until my party!!! What!!! Seems like if it is my cake, I should get it right away. I'm not really sure why we have to wait for things. But, Mom said I could see the cake, but couldn't have any until the party.


So, we are having my party at the Bark Park. I love the Bark Park, and I have a lot of great friends there... but, truthfully... I think I would have rather just had the cake all to myself. But, Mom said something about getting too much of a good thing was a bad thing... blah, blah, blah... that sounds wrong to me. Too much of a good thing is more of a good thing I always say.


Abby, Chloe, Fergie, and Eddie where all there. Also, Dad didn't get a picture of them but, Blake, Baxter, Laney, Jackson, Sandy, and several other of my best pals were there to celebrate my birthday.



I didn't get all of the cake. Mom made me share with the gang, but I think I got more than anyone else... hee-hee (well... it was my birthday). Mom was trying to cut the cake to hand out pieces to all of the dogs, and I would just run by and snatch a piece. Then Dad would say, "Hey, who's dog is that?" Ha! He didn't even know it was me. Maybe he thought it was Cooper. One reason Dad didn't get many pictures is apparenly it is hard to serve bone cake, and keep and eye on me, and take pictures all at the same time. But, I would rather have more cake and fewer pictures. Can't have too much of a good thing (can't believe Mom doesn't know that.)


No one told me about people giving you things. I thought the cake was enough of a reason to look forward to your birthday party. But, Blake's Mom and Dad gave me an edible card, and a toy! Sweet! Thanks Blake! Cool parents! When you chomp down on my new toy it makes a scary laugh and says "The devil made me do it". Fun!


Since it was my Birthday, I decided to carry around this big stick for awhile to show everyone that I was special.

It was a great day at the Bark Park. I felt special and got lots of attention. I'm already looking forward to next year.

4 comments:

Angela/SciFiChick said...

Wow, Giz, your dad is fast!
Mom just got all the photos uploaded to flickr!
Btw, she got tons of pics since your mom and dad were a little busy keeping some big dog from eating all the cake. hehe
Thanks for having a Birthday and thanks to your mom and dad for bringing the yummy cakes!

Here's a link to our photos from tonight:
http://www.flickr.com/search/?w=58375865%40N00&q=laney+park+gizmo_birthday&m=tags

Michael Randall said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! hope you have a good one!

Lindsey said...

Happy Birthday Bro! haha

The Musketeers said...

That cake looks YUMMY !

Lots of Loves ,
Three Musketeers