Saturday, October 25, 2008

Halloween Party at the Bark Park

You can click on this link if you want to see more pictures from the party.

I love the Bark Park. I love it so much it is hard to write about it. How can words capture something so important as the Bark Park? Well, I can't just write about the Bark Park and do it proper justice, but I think I can tell you about the unofficial Halloween Party that we had there today, and maybe give you a small insight in the wonderfulness that is the Bark Park.

First off, one of my best Bark Park pals is Cooper.
Cooper is like "my brother from a different mother". We are both about the same size and color, we are both boys, and we are both very good looking... or so I am told I am (often, and usually by my Mom). In the above picture I am the one more towards the top of the picture, and the one with the more beautiful two colored tongue.

So, Cooper was at the park today, and we had a blast playing. Sometimes he jumps up and knocks me down, and sometimes I jump up and knock him down. Sometimes, we run around and we knock down other dogs and people (almost).


I like this picture, because in this one, I have Cooper down. Ha! Take that Cooper. The other beautiful looking dog at the top of the picture is Abby. Abby is really pretty. She has long hair, and acts like a girl. She doesn't wrestle much, and she usually is kind of quiet and obeys everyone, like a girl. Cooper and I like hanging out with her. Cooper and Abby are what people call "pure bred Golden Retrievers". I'm what is known as a Golden Mix. I came from the Humane Society. I think being a mix must be better. I'm not sure, but Mom said it was. But, it was one of those long wordy "Mom" explanations. Like when they tell you how it is more important to be pretty on the inside than the outside. Where you know they are trying to make you feel better, but they do make a lot of sense also. Anyway, I don't bring it up much. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

So, some of the people had decided to bring costumes today and have an unofficial Halloween party. So, there were a lot of treats around because the people thought maybe we would get into our costumes better if we had lots of treats.

Everyone is gathering around trying to get a treat. You almost forget you have a costume on when you start trying to get in position for a treat.

You know, I'm still not real wild about the ducky costume. But, I seemed to get a lot of treats and attention, so I went along to be a good sport until...

Cooper came along and tried to take my costume. Man, Cooper! You know that isn't a real duck right? It is just a costume.

Ha-ha... Cooper got in trouble for trying to eat my costume. That'll teach you.

Anyway. It was a blast. There were some really great costumes. I think Eddie and Laney looked the best in their costumes. They both looked like real super hero dogs.

Eddie (or Bat Pup)

Laney (Super pup) and Sandy (Colts Fan)

I think if the Ducky costume had a cape, I might have liked wearing it more.

Sandy and I are close to the same age. She is a little younger. But, she really is fun to play with. I think everyone likes playing with her. She plays with big and little dogs.

There were a bunch of other dogs at the park too. I don't mean to leave anyone out. It is hard for me to remember everyone and give them all a"bark out".

Well, we wore our costumes, ate lots of treats, and we ran and played. It was a good day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I love your photos..they are really nice...

Lois Lane/Laney said...

Great pics, though I notice mom's trying to fix my cape in most of the ones that I'm in.

Ember said...

This is the funniest blog I've seen in a long time!
I truly felt like I was in Dog world.
Your dog has a great personality!

I'm just blog searching...thanks for the smile.