Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas

Christmas time at my house is a pretty big deal. My brother Adam comes over early in the morning. Mom and Dad are there, and Lindsey has been around for a few days. It is pretty nice to have the whole family together.

P1070266

As nice as it is to have the whole pack together, I have to admit I get pretty excited waiting until we get to open presents. Since I am youngest in the family I get to go first. I asked Santa mostly for food this year.

P1070269

So, I was pretty sure that when Mom gave me my first present it was a big old hunk of bacon. YES!

I took off with my present to open it another room so I wouldn't have to share.

P1070270

But, Dad came and got me and told me that I had to open it up in front of the family.

P1070275

I didn't care what anyone said I wasn't going to share bacon with anyone.

P1070273

Turns out, it wasn't bacon. It was a tug toy. Oh well... guess it is nice to have a few of those. I still had a few other presents under the tree.

Second present was a squeaky bowling pin. Heehee... pretty cool.

P1070279

I started playing with it right away.

Oh man... my third present really made me mad. It was one of those puzzle toys. You know, like a stuffed animal with a squeaker inside. The puzzle is to rip a hole in the animal and take the squeaker out. This animal was one of those cows, kind of like the ones that come near the bark park.

P1070289

I dropped what I was doing and started working on getting that squeaker out. It took almost 5 full minutes. But, I finally did get in there and rip out the squeaker. Whew... that was a rough 5 minutes. It was fun to solve the puzzle though.

After all of my presents were open. I realized I only got toys, and no bacon, or ham or anything I really asked for. I guess that is what happens when you just send in your list instead of going to see Santa in person. I wish he wasn't so scary.

Gnarly wouldn't come into the room while we were opening presents. I just don't understand how cats work. She was just hanging out in the kitchen the whole time.

P1070321


It is really kind of sad. Gnarly doesn't even open her own present. Lindsey had to help her.

P1070316

Then, Lindsey had to stand there and help her play with her toy. Man. I could have have figured out how to play with that all by myself.

P1070332

I tried to help her play with it, but Lindsey wouldn't let me. Sometimes I like it when Lindsey is around... and sometimes... not so much.

P1070340

After we opened presents the red dot came out and ran all over the house. Man that red dot really chaps my little furry behind.

P1070346

I ran all over the place trying to catch it.

P1070351

It really makes me mad when it doesn't hide fair. It should come out where everyone has a shot at it.



So this day has already been pretty great. I mean one of the best days ever. Then, Mom and Lindsey whip out some roast beast. I've never had roast beast before, but I'm pretty sure that it is one of my favorite foods.

P1070353

Maybe Santa brought me some roast beast for Christmas.

P1070363

YES! Christmas roast beast is my favorite food of all time. I knew I would love it. Mom made me sit for what seemed like forever before she gave me any. It must have been like 30 seconds. But, it was worth the wait.

Lindsey wasn't planning on giving me any of her roast beast apparently. I'm just judging from her reaction when she stood up and I helped my self to a hunk of it off her plate. In fact she seemed down right perturbed by the whole thing. But, the Christmas season is for sharing. That is what I always say. So, I just shared some of Lindsey's food.

I had a great Christmas hanging out with my family, and playing with my toys, and chasing the red dot around the house and getting more roast beast than I was supposed to have. I would have to say it was a pretty special Christmas.

P1070372

And... I hope you had a special Christmas too.

2 comments:

Erika said...

Christmas is a lot of fun with a little one...ummm... I mean with a little pup! Merry Christmas Gizmo!

Buddy's Mom said...

Gizmo! It's me, Buddy Basset! I miss romping with you at the dog park! I'm glad your pack got to have some fun. I hope to see you at the park soon.