Sunday, November 8, 2009

"The Terrible Twos" (aka "The Terrific Teens")

My birthday is on Halloween (just one of the many things of wonder about me). It is pretty cool having a Halloween birthday. My Mom's dad, Grandpa G, calls me "Devil Dog", and I think it is because I was born on Halloween, and not because I tripped him that one time we were both going for the Frisbee. Lots of kids in the neighborhood come come over to our house that night to wish me a happy birthday. I bark at them, and Mom and Dad give them candy to thank them for coming over. I sure would like to get some of that candy.

But, my favorite thing about my Halloween birthday is having cake at the bark park with my friends.


Group shot, I'm in the back row with mom, center left of the pic.
P1070159
A lot of my best friends came out to celebrate


Before we headed out to the park, mom wanted get a a picture of me next to my cake. I love cake.

P1070053

I don't believe in passing up a chance to eat cake, even if I am supposed to be posing for a picture.

P1070057


Heee heee... I got a little nibble of the icing

P1070059

Sam and I were having a joint Birthday party, and Halloween costume party. Sam is turning 7, which is like my mom and Dad's age. And, I'm turning 2 which is really like 14. I like the idea of being 14, but mom insists that I am 2. Whatever, as long as there is cake.

P1070144
My buddy, Sam in his Super pup costume.

I was dressed up in a bumble bee costume, because bumble bees are very very scary. The only thing more scary would have been a hot air balloon costume.

P1070168
Me as a bumble bee

There were a couple of other bumble bee costumes, because bumble bees are scary, and make good costumes. These are the only bees that should ever "bee" (see what I did there?) at the park.

P1070112
P1070065



Eddie was dressed up in a devil dog costume, which is funny because, like I said before my Grandpa G calls me devil dog, and Eddie is like a really sweet dog. I don't think he would trip anyone going for the Frisbee.

P1070068
Eddie as 'Devil Dog'

Sandy made a great angel. Just, a word of warning. Do not bite Sandy's ears! She may look like an angel, but when you pull on her ears, she is no angel.

P1070084

Laney is an official super hero pup. She showed up in her official uniform.

P1070166

Zoe had a great Wonder Woman costume. I'm not sure if she is an official super hero pup, like Laney, but she sure looked the part.

P1070102

Buddy had a little black bow tie, with money stuck in around it. I didn't get it. But, all of the people thought it was funny.

P1070117



It was a great party. Lots of cake. Sam's dad showed up with some puppy cup cakes, and people coffee. Shannon's parents brought hot apple cider (which I heard was delicious, but no one gave me any, even though it was my birthday.)


P1070063
P1070089
P1070109
P1070122

It was a great time. I almost can't wait until I turn 21...or 3.

1 comment:

Erika said...

Happy Birthday Gizmo! You're a lot of fun to party with!