Friday, February 6, 2009

Gizmo the New Grad

Whew! What a relief. I just had my finals in Intermediate class. It was HARD! Much tougher than puppy class. And, since Mom has been under the weather I hadn't been getting much training. So, Dad and I did lots of cramming before finals.

Gizmo 17
First thing I had to do was "Go to my Bed".

That is my bark park pal Sam in the back ground. It was nice to have a friend in my class.

I don't really understand the need for this, since usually I just sleep on Mom and Dad's bed. When am I ever going to use this? Dad said he felt the same way about a Greek Culture class he took in school. But, he realized later it just kind of helps you be a better well rounded person. For what ever that is worth. At least for me it usually ends up with a treat.

Gizmo 18
On my bed!

I'm on my bed, but I don't really feel it. You know... first chance I get, I'm off and playing again. Need that treat first.

Second test was "Leave It". I've gotten pretty good at "Leave It". But, for the finals they used a hoof! What, I didn't study for a hoof! I love hoofs! They really through me a curve ball there.

Gizmo 19
Me, kind of leaving it... sort of...

I left it, and walked past. But, then I stopped and waited for the "Take it". But, no fair! Take it never came. Dad dragged me on and we just kept going. Sometimes school is a bummer.

We were supposed to know a couple of tricks. I know a bunch! Well... three or so. So, I did "Shake", and "Rollover". Two tricks. I needed a little extra credit after that stumble on the "Leave it" part of the test. I did them both very well, if I do say so myself.

Gizmo 11
Action shot of my "Roll Over".


This was kind of like the essay part of the final. I had to do a "Sit", "Stay" combo. Then I had to wait for what seemed like forever, but Dad said it was more like 10 seconds, and then I had to walk to Dad on the "Come" command, then I had to "Leave It" when I got to the hoof. AND!!!! All of that with no one holding my leash. I could have just taken off and ran out of the store if I wanted. I don't think anyone could have caught me. But... I did it... walked to Dad, and sat in front of him like a good boy.

Gizmo1
Finals!

Whoa! talk about tough. But, Dad and I had practiced all of that, and when the time came, I was able to remember what we studied, and I pulled it off!.

I also had to do some "loose leash" and "Heal" walking. I was able fake my way through those.

Gizmo12
Passed with flying colors!

Dad was pretty proud! Not really sure what I am going to do with all of my education now. I think Mom and Dad plan on having me continuing to study for a while. Guess you don't want to spend all that tuition money and then just forget everything.

I don't think that Gnarly the cat has ever been to any training at all... and... that is OK... I guess... I mean she probably needs to learn some commands... if she was able to, but maybe she... I don't know... I guess she is doing OK. As long as you don't look at her or try to touch her.

On a side note. Mom is home now!!!! YEAH!!! It is a lot more fun around the house with Mom there.

2 comments:

Erika said...

I'm so proud of you Gizmo!

Lois Lane/Laney said...

Congrats Gizmo!
That "go to bed" thing was pointless. We didn't even bother. Anytime they laid down anything soft on the ground, I went right for it and laid on it. Maybe I'm a mind reader.
And glad you're feeling better, Erika!