Sunday, January 25, 2009

There are a lot of things I don't know

I don't know why some dogs are mean. Most are nice. But, every now and then you run into a mean one. I don't why they are mean.

I don't know where my parents go when they are gone, or why I can't go with them all of the time. I always like to go. I try and be good company when we all go some place. But, sometimes they go, and I stay. I don't know why.

I don't know why my people feel bad sometimes. Sometimes they walk around sneezing and they sit on the couch with blankets. That isn't too bad. But, my mom has been feeling even worse than that lately. She has been spending a lot of time going to the vet over the last couple of weeks. We haven't had much time for the bark park or for blogging lately. Dad said he thinks the vets are going to have mom fixed back up pretty soon. I sure hope so. I don't know why mom has to feel bad.

But, there are a few things I do know. I know that if I lick something it heals faster. Not sure how I know that. It just makes sense, kind of the same way that I know you can't have too much of a good thing. And, I know that the more I can hang around mom the better she feels.

Mom took this picture of me taking care of her a few days ago. She was in bed, and I was keeping her leg warm with my chin.



I hope you feel better soon mom. We need to get out to the bark park!

3 comments:

Lois Lane/Laney said...

I hope you feel better soon Erika!

I miss playing with Gizmo at the park!

Gizmo, you're doing a great job of making your mom feel better.

Shannon Bloomquist said...

Gizmo! It's me, Amelie. I know what you mean--where do parents go when they leave us behind? Why would they want to go anywhere that we can't go? Anyways, good job on healing your mom. The licking helps a ton--and snuggling helps, too. You were keeping her leg warm like nobody's business! She'll be well again in no time. The vet will probably get all the credit, but your readership will know who the real hero is. Nice work.
-Amelie

Erika said...

Gizmo you're the best!