Sunday, December 14, 2008

Higher Education

I'm back in school for some advanced training. I'm actually not sure what I want to be when I grow up. But, mom and dad think a good education is important, so I decided to return to school.

Gizmo1
Mom and I listening to the professor

I already graduated from puppy class. So, I am pretty strong in "Sit", "Stay", my "Take it", is really good, but my "Leave it", and "Drop It" are admittedly a bit weak. So, I'm hoping to improve on those, and to also learn "Heal". I'm apparently supposed to really improve my listening while being distracted, and focusing on mom and dad while I'm on a leash. I might skip out on those classes, they don't sound that important.

The professor at school is Rick. He was my professor for puppy class. He told us during puppy class that he worked with dogs when he was in the Army, so I call him Sargent Rick. But, mom and dad just call him Rick.

sam2
Sargent Rick, Sam, and Sam's dad


On of my bark park pals, Sam, is in the class with me. I've known Sam for several months now. Kind of fun to be in class with him. When the people are blabbing away, Sam and I make fun of them.

Sam1
Sam working on his "Leave It".

Mom says that after class we can stop by the bark park on the way home! Whooo Hoooo... fun! I love the bark park. Sam came to the park after the last class, so we had to sit there and pretend to be serious in class, and then we got to unwind together at the bark park. Good times!

Oh... and on a really boring, unimportant side note; My stupid niece Gnarly the cat is always laying around on any soft thing she can find. So after my last class mom bought her something, that at first looked like a really good chew toy, but I guess was actually some kind of at stupid cat bed. And, the stupid cat just climbed right in it like she knew it was hers or something. Mom and dad were all like "Awwww look at the cat...". And, I was all like "*ewww*... the cat lays down on anything soft... what a major surprise... she likes a cat bed.". Sometimes you think the people are smart... and sometimes you aren't so sure.

Gnarly1
The stupid cat in her new bed, which would make an excellent chew toy.

3 comments:

Lois Lane/Laney said...

Intermediate class was pretty fun, but I had a different teacher. He liked me so much, last time we stopped by PetSmart, he made us come in to his class to show me off! He said he talks about me to his current students.

Anyway, I'm pretty bummed. We were all set to come to the park on Sunday, and then mom found sores on the inside of my mouth like Cooper has. I haven't been there in 2 weeks, so I've obviously been sick for a while. So mom is taking me to the vet today. :P

Gizmo said...

Wow Laney! I knew you were smart, but I didn't know you were that smart! Too bad I wasn't in your class, I would have cheated off of you during the tests.

Sorry you hear you are under the weather. I hope the vet and your mom get you patched up quick.

-Gizmo

Lois Lane/Laney said...

Mom says it wasn't so much how smart I am, more about the cuteness and wrinkle factor that my teacher likes to brag about.
I think I'm smart. It's just my choice whether or not to obey.

Thanks, I feel fine.. I wish I could be at the park!